LCCI LEVEL 3 GROUP
DIPLOMA in ACCOUNTING
LCCI certificate is known as a "Career Pass" and is a bridge to job opportunities, higher education or becoming an authority in a career field. For example, some companies in Singapore require LCCI certificates in accounting to be qualified for a certain accounting position. High-end international professional bodies use the LCCI certificate as a basic qualification requirement for their membership. High-end international professional bodies such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and the Association of International Accountants (AIA) use the LCCI certificate as a basic qualification requirement for their members.
The London Chamber of Commerce and Industry LCCI International Qualifications are awarded by Pearson Education Ltd. An accredited Awarding Body providing vocational and professional qualification around the world. Pearson is accredited by the UK qualifications regulator, the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual), and many regulatory bodies and Ministries of Education around the world recognise LCCI International Qualifications. Employers, universities and other professional bodies internationally recognise the LCCI international qualifications.
What You'll Learn
Unit 1: Cost and Management Accounting
- Provides the student with the skills, knowledge and understanding of cost and management accounting which reflects the keys skills required in business for short and long-term decision making, inventory control, accounting for overheads, working capital management, standard costing and the preparation and control of budgets.
Unit 2: Accounting
- An understanding of the basic principles underlying the recording of financial transactions
- The ability to prepare and interpret accounts for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and groups of companies in accordance with basic accounting conventions and current accounting practice
- The ability to apply the principles of decision making.
Unit 3: Business Statistics
- Student will gain an understanding of the basic concepts of statistical problem solving in business situations, develop knowledge, understanding and skills of statistical methods and concepts and in probability, including an awareness of the potential and limitations of data and methods.
- Student will develop a critical perspective on statistics, including recognition of collection errors, misleading forms of presentation, improper analysis and invalid inferences and conclusions. Students will be encouraged to actively engage in the process of enquiry, communicate clearly using standard statistical conventions and notations and develop as effective and independent students.
Dr. Yee Hun Leek
Chartered Accountant, Tax Agent, Auditor
HRDF Certified Trainer
BSc (Econ) Hons (London), MSc (UoG),
PhD (Curtin) CA (M), FCCA (U.K),
ASEAN CPA, CTP, CP (Consulting) AIMUK, PHF
LONDON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY (LCCI)
LCCI Course Time Table
- Cost and management accounting (Jan to Mar)
- Accounting (May to July)
- Business Statistics (Aug to Oct)
Qualifications and Professional Membership
- Bachelor of Science in Economics majoring in Management Studies, University of London (U.K)
- Master of Science in Accounting & Finance, University of Gloucestershire (U.K)
- Fellow member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), U.K
- Chartered Accountant and member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Member of the ASEAN Chartered Professional Accountants (ACPA)
- Chartered Tax Practitioner and associate member of the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (CTIM)
- Certified Practitioner in Consulting of the Association of International Management, United Kingdom (AIMUK)
- Certified Consultant of the Asian Management Association (Singapore)
- PhD in Accounting & Finance at Curtin University (Australia)
- Passable English is required.